Trafford Youth Trust Privacy Notice
Trafford Youth Trust is the trading style of Trust Youth Trafford, Community Interest Company Number. 10058541
Privacy Notice as at 24 May 2018
This privacy notice applies to the Trust Youth Trafford (trading as Trafford Youth Trust) (registered company number 10058541).
Trafford Youth Trust take the privacy of your information very seriously. Our privacy notice is designed to tell you, the user of our services, that is our membership, our events, out publications, our consultations and the other activities that we pursue to ensure we achieve our mission, about our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal and other information about you or your organisation that may be provided via our website (www.traffordyouthtrust.org.uk), and any other digital product we provide, or collected through other means such as mailchimp.
2.0 Basis on which we use personal information
Personal information we hold about you will be collected and used either because:
- the use is necessary in pursuit of a “legitimate interest”, a legitimate interest in this context means a valid interest we have or a third party has in use your personal information which is not overridden by your interests in privacy and security, for example, if you are connected to an organisation that we wish to engage with in order for us to promote or deliver our services or where you create an account with fundernetwork.org.uk; or
- the use is necessary in order for us to comply with our obligations under a contract between you and us, for example if you are connected to a member organisation and wishing to access member services or you have paid for an event or publication; or
- you have consented to the use for the specific purposes described in this notice, for example if you are not a member of Trafford Youth Trust but wish to subscribe to receive communications from us about funding or youth sector development opportunities;
- the use is necessary to ensure compliance with a legal obligation, for example you are a director and have statutory duties to fulfil.
3.0 Ways in which we may collect your personal information
We may collect and process the following personal information (information that can be uniquely identified with you) about you:
- your name, contact address, telephone numbers and email address which you provided to sign up to our services;
- your name, contact address, telephone numbers, email address and content which you may have created or provided through your use of our services;
- your photo which may take at an event directly by Trafford Youth Trust or one of our grant/contract partners;
- payment information which we may use to collect payment (if applicable);
- a record of any correspondence between you and us;
- replies to any surveys or questionnaires that we may use for research purposes;
- details of your visits to our website, the resources and pages that you access and any searches you make;
- any information we may require from you when you report a problem or complaint.
We only collect such information when you choose to supply it to us but please note there may be instances where we process your personal information which has been provided to us by a third party. For example, if you sign up to an event that we are hosting jointly with another organisation.
If we do obtain your personal information from a third party your privacy rights under this notice are not affected and you are still able to exercise the rights contained within this notice.
You do not have to supply any personal information to us but our services may not be operable in practice without providing personal information to us. You may withdraw our authority to process your personal information at any time. We respectfully your right to do so but regret that our services may not be fully operable should you do so.
We do not process cookies information.
5.0 Reasons why we process your personal information
We will use your information to:
- manage your membership with us (if any) and provide you with access to membership services;
- process a grant or contract award to an organisation with whom you are employed/representing
- process a donation or sponsorship to an organisation with whom are you representing
- process your registration at an event and contact you with information on that event;
- carry out and administer any obligations arising from other agreements you enter into with us such as subscribing to one of our publications or to our dedicated web-based forum (Knowledge Hub),
- manage your communication preferences to provide relevant information that we believe is of interest to you such as upcoming funding and/or sector development opportunities , our policy consultation and our publications;
- assist in making general improvements to our services;
- carry out and administer any obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us (grants, contracts and/or funding agreements);
- ensure that the content of our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- customise our services to your preferences and analyse how our services are used to identify trends, keep services relevant and ensure we offer the best service possible;
- review your application to become a director or for a job role;
- contact you and notify you about changes to our services or the services we offer, subject to the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (except where you have asked us not to do this);
- administer our Service and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, information analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- enable us to implement systems and processes internally that allow us to administer the services we offer.
6.0 Information Retention
Our current information retention policy is to delete or destroy (to the extent we are able to) the personal information we hold about you in accordance with the following:
|Category of personal information||Length of retention|
|Records relating to partner updates (opt-in contact form)||8 years from the end of the tax year to which the records relate|
|Records relevant for accounting and tax purposes||8 years from the end of the tax year to which the records relate|
|Personal information processed in relation to a contract between you and us||7 years from the either the end of the contract date you last used our service, being the length of time following a breach of contract in which you are legally entitled to make a claim|
|Personal information held on marketing or business development||2 years from the last date on which the information subject has interacted with us|
|Health and safety records||At least 10 years|
For any category of personal information not specifically defined in this notice, and unless otherwise specified by applicable law, the required retention period for any personal information will be deemed to be 7 years from the date of receipt by us of that information.
The retention periods stated in this notice can be prolonged or shortened as may be required (for example, in the event that legal proceedings apply to the information or if there is an on-going investigation into the information).
We review the personal information (and the categories of personal information) we are holding on a regular basis to ensure the information we are holding is still relevant to our business and is accurate. If we discover that certain information we are holding is no longer necessary or accurate, we will take reasonable steps to correct or delete this information as may be required.
If you wish to request that information we hold about you is amended or deleted, please refer to clause 9 below, which explains your privacy rights.
7.0 Sharing your information
We do not disclose any information you provide to any third parties other than as follows:
- when we share data with Trafford Council in order to provide you with services NB: Trafford Council is the sole shareholder of Trafford Youth Trust; Trafford Council may deploy staff to Trafford Youth Trust to assist with the administration and management of grant awards and sector development services
- where you have opted to share any of your content with any other funder (when submitting a funding application to us – although personal contact details will be blocked out), you authorise us to deliver that content via email or other electronic messaging or communication system;
- where we are commissioning a third party and the sharing of some personal data is needed to provide this service to you;
- where information such as email addresses is passed to a third party who provides technical support such as a payment provider or other services such as bulk mailing providers in the provision of our services;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime);
- in order to enforce any terms and conditions or agreements for our services that may apply;
- to protect our rights, property and safety, or the rights, property and safety of our users or any other third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, we shall not disclose any of your personal information unless you give us permission to do so. If we do supply your personal information to a third party we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are protected and that third party complies with the terms of this notice.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational measures are carried out in order to safeguard the information we collect from you and protect against unlawful access and accidental loss or damage. These measures may include (as necessary):
- protecting our servers by both hardware and software firewalls;
- locating our information use storage facilities in secure locations;
- encrypting all information stored on our server with an industry standard encryption method that encrypts the information between your device that is external to Trafford Youth Trust and our server so that in the event of your network being insecure no information is passed in a format that could easily be deciphered. Please note that information is not encrypted when it is shared between a device that is located internally and the server;
- when necessary, disposing of or deleting your information so it is done so securely;
- regularly backing up and encrypting all information we hold.
We will ensure that our employees are aware of their privacy and information security obligations. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the employees of third parties working on our behalf are aware of their privacy and information security obligations.
This notice and our procedures for handling personal information will be reviewed as necessary.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; transmission is at the user’s own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use the strict procedures and security features referred to in this clause to try to prevent unauthorised access.
9.0 Your privacy rights
You have a right to know about how we protect your personal information and we have outlined this in this policy. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on the contact details set out below.
If you would like to update your personal information or let us know the personal information we hold is incorrect you may do so by contacting us on the details below.
You always have the right to unsubscribe from our membership and event communications and we will always offer this service in our communications to you. Should you wish to do this we will ensure you are unsubscribed as soon as possible and always within one month.
Where we rely on your consent to contact you, you always have the right to withdraw your consent. To do so please contact us on the contact details below and we will ensure this is actioned as soon as possible and always within one month.
You also have a right to restrict our use of your personal information and the right to object to your personal information being processed. Should you wish to do so, please contact us on the details below.
You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information. Unless we have reasonable grounds to refuse to delete your personal information, we will securely delete the personal information in question within one month. The personal information may continue to exist in certain backup, but we will take steps to ensure that it will not be accessible.
You have the right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you.
If you want to contact us for any of the reasons above please do by email email@example.com or writing to us at Trafford Youth Trust, C/o Trafford Council, Talbot Road, Stretford, Manchester, M32 0TH.
We will endeavour to comply with such requests as soon as possible but in any event we will comply within one month of receipt (unless a longer period of time to respond is reasonable by virtue of the complexity or number of your requests).
If a breach is likely to result in a risk to your information rights and freedoms, we will notify you as soon as possible and we may also report it to the ICO.
10. Other websites
Our website may contain links and references to other websites. Please be aware that this notice does not apply to those websites.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of sites that are not operated by us, even if you access them via the website and/or any other service that is operated by us. We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
In addition, if you came to this website via a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
11.0 Transferring your information outside Europe
As part of the services offered to you the information you provide to us is sometimes processed and stored at, countries or international organisations outside of the EEA. For example when we contact you via Survey Monkey or by Mailchimp.
If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, and the third country or international organisation in question has not been deemed by the EU Commission to have adequate information protection laws, we will provide appropriate safeguards and we will be responsible for ensuring your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this notice. One of the key safeguards that we use it to ensure that any third parties storing data outside of the EU has signed up to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield so that we are confident that they are compliant with this policy notice.
By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storing or use of your information outside the EEA in the manner described above.
12.0 Notification of changes to the contents of this notice
We will post details of any changes to our policy on our website to help ensure you are always aware of the information we collect, how we use it, and in what circumstances, if any, we share it with other parties.
13.0 Policy towards children
The service is not intended for and should not be accessed by individuals under 16. Our policy is not to intentionally or knowingly collect, process, maintain or use personal information from any individual under the age of 16.
Grant partners process personal data on children and young people on the projects and services funded by Trafford Youth Trust, however we do not accept information on children and young people in our application or monitoring processes.
We may be provided with photographs and first names of young people, however these will not be published without explicit consent first having been obtained by the parents of young people to our grant funded partners.
14.0 Contact us
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry or complaint relating to your personal information or how it is handled, you can do so via the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we are unable to resolve any issues you may have or you would like to make a further complaint, you can contact the ICO by visiting http://www.ico.org.uk/ for further assistance.
Using Material from this Site
You may download, store and use the material on our website for your own personal use and research, or that of your charity, company or organisation. If you wish to republish, retransmit, redistribute or make available material from our website to another party, please seek our prior consent. If you wish to use our logo, please contact us: email@example.com
The content of this website is the copyright of Trafford Youth Trust. Trafford Youth Trust aims to provide funding to voluntary sector youth organisations working in Trafford with children and young people aged between 11-18 years’ old (and up to 25 years’ old for those with complex additional needs). We also provide links to a range of other contacts in government and the voluntary sector. Trafford Youth Trust does not endorse or approve of all of the information appearing on sites we have links to. The user of the link is responsible for the downloading and copying of any linked material and/or any fees or charges. The downloading of images and/or text without the permission of the copyright owner may breach copyright legislation. Always check the website copyright notice and/or website disclaimer to ensure that your use of any material is permitted.
This website is designed with the aim of accessibility for all users. If you come across any pages or features which do not work correctly or view correctly, please let us know. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trafford Youth Trust does not guarantee that access to this website will be uninterrupted, that it will be free from viruses or that it cannot be tampered with by third parties. We have tried to ensure that all information we provide through this website is correct at the time we included it. We apologise for any errors. We do not guarantee the accuracy of these pages and any visitor using information contained in them does so entirely at their own risk. This website also contains links to other websites operated by third parties. Trafford Youth Trust does not accept any liability over the content of these third party sites and the existence of these links does not constitute an endorsement of such websites. Linking to these sites is at your own risk.
Any guidance provided on this site is not intended to replace professional advice and in case of doubt, please consult an appropriately qualified professional adviser. In no event will Trafford Youth Trust be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or related to this website.
What is in a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser will tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.